Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Across time zones

I was hoping to have the gumption to write quite a bit tonight, but after traveling who knows how many hours I am ready for nothing but some sleep.

The line for passport control was insanely long and by that point all I could do was be patient, hate myself for having such a heavy bag, subsequently sweat, and chat with the sweet older English woman in line behind me. It took me about an hour to reach my hotel from the airport, with one transfer. Bought a transit card, found my lines, done and done.

The famous mosques came into view the nearer I came to my tram stop. They are monstrous even from afar. I could not believe what I was seeing.

My journey here was basically uneventful but I am about to tell you something you're not going to believe: my airplane food was delicious. I AM NOT KIDDING. It was dinner, served on my flight to Munich and it was some sort of mostly unrecognizable Indian fare. Green beans with coconut shavings, rice, tofu and some other things (was that a tomato? possibly a carrot? piece of eggplant? I have no idea.)

This hotel is rather lovely but I don't yet understand the keycard/light system or why there is not a top sheet on the bed.
It's rainy and quite chilly so hopefully tomorrow I'll be sitting in the pub on the corner writing about the whole fish I ate for dinner tonight.

For now, here's a few pieces of my travel day

















No comments:

Post a Comment